Sunday 16 March 2014

Cleaning Gloves

In my last post, I shared some of my gloves with you. As promised, here is the follow-up post on cleaning your gloves.


Cleaning gloves is a long and, at times, boring procedure. In truth, it's not that long, but it feels it. It requires care and patience. If you are planning on cleaning many pairs at once, I suggest turning on the DVD-player and watching a film. If you want to feel really classy, watch a film where they wear gloves. :) That should make the task much less of a task and more of a privilege. 


So basically, you will need some nice white, unscented soap (I use Lux because it's what I have, but anything will work), some warm water in a bucket, and a plain white towel. 


Step 1- Place glove on hand
Step 2- Dip dirty section of glove into water and gently rub soap on offending area
Step3- Rub fingers together and over dirty sections until dirt and residue lifts and glove looks clean
Step 4- Remove hand and lay glove flat on towel. 
Step 5 - Repeat all steps with next glove


Once all of your gloves are clean, a couple of rinses in warm water is all that is required to remove the soapy residue and provide you with perfectly clean gloves. YAY! :)


I find that after a while, it becomes difficult to slide a wet hand into a glove and hence I don't always wear the gloves when cleaning them. Mine don't stretch or shrink or anything when I do so, but do be careful.


It is not such a long process after all; I recently cleaning 6 or 7 pairs in 20 - 30 minutes.  :)

Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your afternoon,
Memma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment